Sunday, December 5, 2010

graffiti



How many times have I walked the Cliff Walk?? No clue: many times.
And how many times have I read or even noticed the graffiti?? Um, never.

Some of it's beyond comprehension, and I've never quite understood the motivation, and the context makes it even more puzzling, and maybe I didn't notice it on purpose (as it's easier to focus on all the pretty stuff, until/unless one adjusts one's notion of "pretty"). But some of it's not all bad .....





There's a message there (there^), however faded, that has to do with loyalty to a certain surf shop, the bend at Ruggles being a prime surf destination. But not today. Today, given calm-ish conditions, I saw just one lone paddler navigating the rocky shore with his back to the sea. Which doesn't seem like a great idea, if you ask me ...